Module dates: May 3-June 4
This NEW online course offering is designed for ASL/English interpreters to help them become more familiar with the screening and assessment process as well as tools often used when working with individuals in mental health settings.
This module will cover:
Our consumers, both hearing and Deaf, deserve interpreters who are qualified in this work so that consumers have their best chance for recovery.
This module will require about 20 hours of work. There are no set meeting times, but the module is designed for participants to go through together for richer discussion. All work must be completed by 11:59pm on June 4, 2021. See Course Outline below for an overview of the course.
Modules are offered through Canvas online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
Registration fee: $40
To register, participants must:
- Work in the United States or U.S. territories
- Hold RID, NAD, or BEI certification
- Have a minimum of 3 years interpreting experience
Note: No exceptions to the registration requirements can be made due to our agreement with RSA. Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA) is the federal department that funds our project and it is in our agreement that the CATIE Center Behavioral Health Interpreting modules be limited to those with national certification. National certification is defined as RID, BEI, and NAD.
Subscribe to stay up-to-date!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest announcements and updates.