Course Date: January 1st, 2024 to January 31st, 2024.This module is closed. We will offer this course at a later time.
Description: The goal of the learning modules is to focus on different aspects of public health, including considerations for interpreters working as a team to meet the needs of varied and diverse patients. While the module only covers 16 topic areas, participants will have a better understanding of public health and the barriers the deaf community face to translate learning into their work and into other areas of their work.
After completing the set of learning modules, participants will be able to:
- Identify contributing social determinants of health in the deaf community.
- Analyze current accessibility challenges in public health.
- Evaluate progress toward addressing health disparities.
- Propose additional strategies for ASL interpreters’ roles in creating an equitable public health approach.
This module will require about 20 hours of work. You must invest at least 16 hours or more. There are no set meeting times. All work must be completed by 11:59pm in your time zone on January 31st. You can take this course at anytime during the month of January as long as you complete the work by January 31st.
Our webshops and modules are offered through Canvas, an online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
Access to this module is free.
Our Self-Directed modules and webshops are offered on demand once opened. Enrollment will remain open until January 31st.
All our self-directed tracks are open enrollment which means it is not limited to a specific number of participants.
Forgot your password? Click here to reset
Please note: This module requires at least 16 hours and must be completed by January 31st.
To be eligible for CEUs you must complete the pre-assessment, watch all the videos, complete self-reflection activities and quizzes, and complete the post-assessment by 11:59pm in your time zone on January 31.
St. Catherine University is a RID-approved CMP sponsor. This module is approved for 2.0 professional studies with PPO CEUs
CEUs will be posted by February 16, 2024.