This is a viable entry point for Deaf or hearing interpreters who have satisfied the requirements for Novice Healthcare Interpreter and Intermediate Healthcare Interpreter and have:
- Documented 200 additional hours of healthcare interpreting.
- 100 of the above may have a specialty focus (e.g. cardiology, mental health, ob-gyn, oncology, video remote, etc.).
- Documented supervision of 100 of the additional hours of healthcare interpreting above.
May be qualified to undertake the following types of assignments:
- Crisis situations (mental health, emergency room)
- Chronic disease and pain management
- Pre-op, post-op, urgent and emergency care
- Mental health care
- Mentor newer interpreters in healthcare interpreting
- Supervise Novice and Intermediate Healthcare Interpreters