Module Dates: June 17th – July 21st, 2019
Registration link available below!
If you missed it the first time when we offered our modules in 2018, here is the second opportunity to take advantage of the CATIE Center’s module, Intro to Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence.
There is a huge need for trained interpreters in domestic violence and sexual violence (DVSV) settings. Having training can mean the difference between making a survivor feel empowered or retraumatized. Working successfully in this niche requires specialty knowledge and skills to be successful.
This module covers:
- Why domestic violence and sexual assault happens.
- How trauma impacts language.
- Different settings and systems in which interpreters work.
- Interpreting considerations for the trauma informed practitioner.
- Self-care practices that will keep us and the people we work with healthy.
- Steps and resources for further training.
This module will require about 20 hours of work. There are no set meeting times, but topics are opened weekly to give participants richer discussion and learning opportunities. All work must be completed by 11:59pm on July 21. No extensions will be offered. See Course Outline below for an overview of the course.
Please join us to enhance your understanding of this worthwhile work!
Modules are offered through Canvas online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
Registration Fee: $40
Before regisistring, please review technology requirements, time commitment and qualifications to register.
Registration is filled!
To register, participants must:
- Work in the United States or U.S. territories
- Hold RID, NAD, or BEI certification
- Have a minimum of 3 years interpreting experience
Registration will be open until filled.
Subscribe to stay up-to-date!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest announcements and updates.