Module Dates: June 17th – July 21st, 2019
If you missed it the first time when we offered our modules in 2018, here is the second opportunity to take advantage of the CATIE Center’s module, Intro to Domestic Violence and Sexual Violence.
There is a huge need for trained interpreters in domestic violence and sexual violence (DVSV) settings. Having training can mean the difference between making a survivor feel empowered or retraumatized. Working successfully in this niche requires specialty knowledge and skills to be successful.
This module covers:
- Why domestic violence and sexual assault happens.
- How trauma impacts language.
- Different settings and systems in which interpreters work.
- Interpreting considerations for the trauma informed practitioner.
- Self-care practices that will keep us and the people we work with healthy.
- Steps and resources for further training.
This module will require about 20 hours of work. There are no set meeting times, but topics are opened weekly to give participants richer discussion and learning opportunities. All work must be completed by 11:59pm on July 21. No extensions will be offered. See Course Outline below for an overview of the course.
Please join us to enhance your understanding of this worthwhile work!
Registration will become available within two weeks from the start date.
Subscribe to stay up-to-date!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest announcements and updates.