Interpreting in domestic violence and sexual assault (DVSA) settings requires specialty knowledge and skills to be qualified to do this work. The information in this webshop, developed in collaboration with ThinkSelf, a Deaf-centered DVSA service provider, will help you determine if this work is right for you now or in the future.
This webshop covers:
- Need for qualified interpreters for DV/SA work
- DV/SA settings you may find yourself in
- Knowledge needed to adjust our interpreting for these consumers
- Narratives from survivors and interpreters that can inform our practice and
- A pathway to training to develop skills that will make you qualified in this niche
*This webshop is not comprehensive, and will not make interpreters qualified to do this work, but will lay out a foundation and a path for future training.
Register: A link to register will be posted here by April 20, 2018.