Intermediate Healthcare Interpreter
This is a viable entry point for Deaf or hearing interpreters who have already satisfied the requirements for Novice Healthcare Interpreter:
- Observed non-interpreted medical interactions.
- Observed experienced interpreters in healthcare settings.
- Documented 200 hours of healthcare interpreting experience.
- Arranged supervision for 75% of healthcare interpreting hours.
May be qualified to interpret in the following settings or situations. Ideally is supervised 50% of the time:
- Routine inpatient care
- Acute care (with supervision)
- Urgent care (with supervision)
- Video remote interpreting (with supervision)
- Specialty care clinics (cardiology, HIV/AIDS, ob-gyn, dialysis)
- Health planning meetings following a diagnosis
- Diabetes education