October 1–November 5, 2018
There is a huge need for trained interpreters in domestic violence and sexual assault (DVSA) settings. The difference between being trained and untrained can mean making a survivor feel empowered or retraumatized. Working successfully in this niche requires specialty knowledge and skills to be successful.
This module covers:
- Why domestic violence and sexual assault happens.
- How trauma impacts language.
- Different settings and systems in which interpreters work.
- Interpreting considerations for the trauma informed practitioner.
- Self-care practices that will keep us and the people we work with healthy.
- Steps and resources for further training.
Please join us to enhance your understanding of this worthwhile work.
Registration fee: $40
Link to register will be posted here September 10, 2018.