June 4–July 9, 2018
Although you may not think of yourself as a mental health interpreter, mental health issues arise in all aspects of people’s lives. This module was designed with Steve Hamerdinger and Arlyn Anderson. Regardless of the settings where you currently work, this training will open your eyes to the ways mental health interpreting may show up in your current work and present opportunities for more training.
This module will cover:
- An overview of the mental health care system
- Mental health settings and who is on the care team
- Therapeutic approaches and services
- Diagnostic tools for mental health
- Barriers people who are Deaf, hard of hearing and Deafblind face in getting services
- Steps and resources for further training
Registration fee: $40
Link to register will be posted here May 14, 2018.