Overview of modules
Modules are interactive online classes. Each module is five weeks long.
Module activities include:
- Studying content in ASL and written English
- Responding to topics in ASL and/or written English
- Analysis of ASL translation work
- Flash card practice
Mini-lectures throughout the modules are presented in ASL.
Participants are expected to invest about 20 hours of work over five weeks for each module. There are no required meeting times, but we’ve designed the content for weekly work. All work must be completed by the ending date of the module.
Modules are offered through Canvas online learning management system.
- You must have high-speed internet access and a tablet or computer that supports:
- Ability to work online and type or video record discussion posts.
- Ability to record videos.
- Ability to upload videos to YouTube for sharing with others in Canvas.
- Ability to access streamed video content.
To register, participants must:
- Work in the United States or U.S. territories
- Hold RID, NAD, or BEI certification
- Have a minimum of 3 years interpreting experience
St. Catherine University is an RID-approved CMP sponsor. These interactive modules are worth 2.0 professional studies CEUs.
Ready to register? Click on the module title below.
Introduction to Addiction and Recovery Interpreting February 5–March 12, 2018
Introduction to Psychopharmacology for Interpreters April 2–May 9, 2018
Introduction to Mental Health Interpreting: But I Don’t Do Mental Health! June 4–July 9, 2018
Introduction to Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault October 1–November 5, 2018
Looking for more online programs? Check out our webshops!